Please note that all users of Avon Valley Country Park Ltd Ice Rink do so at their own risk. Skaters and spectators are deemed to have knowledge of and assume the inherent risks which include, but are not limited to, the following: injuries resulting from collision or contact with other skaters; injuries resulting from falls; injuries that involve objects or artificial structures that are properly within the intended path of travel of the skater; injuries resulting from wet flooring. Skating is not suitable for pregnant women or anyone with a heart condition. Please advise ice rink management if you, or anyone in your party, has a medical condition that may be affected by skating, lighting, loud music etc.. Avon Valley Country Park Ltd prides itself on being a company committed to taking all reasonable steps in accommodating the needs of disabled people to enable them to enjoy the activities, events and workshops we offer. The following rules are governed by the company whom we hire the ice rink from and Avon Valley Country Park Ltd are obliged to ensure the following is enforced.
Skating Key Points:
Ticket holder Amendments or Cancellations
As per our standard terms and conditions, all tickets are non-tranferable or refundable. Should you no longer be able to make your selected session, please contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org. Only if we have been given no less than 48 hours notice we will issue vouchers to the value of your order minus the booking fee. This voucher can be redeemed against any future online purchases and would be valid for 12 months. You can then at your leisure re-book another Ice-skating session or any other experience at Avon Valley.
Cancellations & Refunds
This is an outdoor event in winter and we advise all patrons to dress appropriately. No refunds will be given due to undesirable weather. If on the occasion the rink manager deems it necessary to temporarily close off the rink, alternative sessions will be arranged and vouchers will be issued to the value of your booking including the booking fee only if we choose to cancel your booking.
PLEASE NOTE: We reserve the right to refuse amendments, cancellations and refunds.
General Rules for Skating
Avon Valley Country Park Ltd wants you to enjoy your ice skating experience, the following are for your safety. Please ensure that you have read the following before taking to the ice and ensure at all times to listen to the Ice Rink marshal’s and Ice Rink management. Ice Rink management reserves the right to refuse entry and the Ice Rink management decision is final. Avon Valley Country Park Ltd reserves the right to refuse entry/eject patrons from the ice rink without refund. Refunds are only given at management discretion. Personal belongings left at the Ice Rink Skate Exchange are left at the owner’s risk.
We want you to enjoy your ice skating experience, so please adhere to these basic principles:
- Do note that all users of the Ice Rink skate at their own risk.
- Ensure children younger than 8 are accompanied by an adult on the ice.
- Do make sure skates are correctly tightened.
- Do wear warm clothing including socks and gloves.
- Do skate in an anti-clockwise direction ONLY.
- Do be aware of your limits and do not exceed them; if you need help ask an ice marshal.
- Do notify an ice marshal immediately if you are hurt or see anyone injured.
- Do take your hands off the ice should you fall. To get up, bring one leg up, place hands on your knee and push yourself up. Do not crawl to the side barriers, if you cannot get up please alert an ice marshal.
- Do notify an ice marshal if you notice any dangerous behaviour or someone not complying with rink rules.
- Do obey instructions given by the Ice Rink Management and ice marshals.
- Do note Avon Valley Ice Rink operates a 3 step warning and following this you will be requested to leave the Ice Rink.
- Do put litter in the bins provided.
- Do tell your child, if separated, to find the nearest Ice marshal and stay with them at all times.
- Do note that abusive or anti-social behaviour will not be tolerated and will result in immediate expulsion from the rink.
- Do note that tickets are non-transferable and non-refundable.
- In exceptional circumstances and at the sole discretion of Avon Valley, the Ice Rink may need to be closed. In this event, everything will be done to rearrange another convenient time and date (however this may be subject to availability).
- Do note Skate Aids can be exchanged for an alternative character; however, this cannot be exchanged until after the first 15 minutes of the session has passed and is subject to availability.
- Do not wear ice skates anywhere other than within Skate Exchange and the Ice Rink itself.
- Do not try and run with skates on.
- Do obey ice marshals in case of any emergency.
- Do not return to Ice Skate Exchange if any alarms have been raised, follow all ice marshal’s directions.
- Do not sit or climb over the safety barrier.
- Do not congregate or block up any Ice Rink exits, fire exits, or barrier entrances.
- Do not chip or throw any ice or snowballs.
- Do not skate at excessive speed.
- Do not smoke, drink, or eat on the ice.
- Do not consume alcohol before attempting to skate.
- Do not skate in chains of more than two.
- Do not play tag.
- Do not wear long scarves, long coats, or dangly jewellery on the ice.
- Do not wear peaked caps or hoods on the ice.
- Do not carry handbags/any bags on the ice.
- Do not use mobile phones/cameras on the ice.
- Do not carry young babies or children on the ice.
- Do not play with or move fire equipment within Avon Valley.